Day 8 to Rome
- Took airport bus 5 euros which is cheaper than taking train 8 euros
- Spent 4 hours wasting time at airport because we had to vacate the apartment earlier.
- Ate Mcdonalds and horrible fried rice out of curiosity. My soul died a little. CURIOSITY OK! Not like I need to have rice, but you have to know how bad the so-called Asian food are what!
- Raining in Rome, expensive Leonardo Express that was really comfortable
- Had yummy cheapo pizza at mom n pop pizzeria
Day 9 Rome
- Rainy rain rain at Coliseum brrr
- Lunch at a small restaurant: lasagne, cappucino, gnocchi
- Palatine Hill
- Roman Forum
- Trevi fountain (found the place by chance… we were looking for the nearest train station)
- Pantheon n took train to Termini
- Walked around Termini n bought a belt from Mango
- Pizza for dinner again – cheap comfort food!
Day 10 Rome
- Lovely sunny morning!
- Took metro to 3 stations only to finally get a taxi to Domine Quo Vadis at Appia Antica to cycle. Zzz. Brought sandwiches.
- Rented bicycle to ride on awful cobblestone road… uphill! There was tour groups running Segway tours as well – a better idea
- Rained and weather turned too cold so stopped for cakes and tea
- Cute calico meow meows!
- Returned bikes and donated 10 euros
- Went to look for Furla shop at Via Nazionale but it was frigging closed!
- Bought a dress on discount at Blue something. Clothes are generally expensive at upwards of 30-40 euroes so I didn’t buy much.
- Went searching for dinner place… Found a famous Trattoria and had great vongole, veggie soup, pasta that tasted like char mee, awesome steak n jelak panna cotta
Day 11 Rome
- Took train and bus 571 outside colosseo to Largo di Torre Argentina for cats molesting.
- The cat shelter stinks but has a shop front for merchandise sales opened everyday 12-6pm.
- Turns out the tram system to Argentina was a working one (the people at Pyramide didn’t know what we were talking abt pfft) so took a tram to Trastevere.
- Stazion Trastevere is an interchange station so got nothing much, just a train station.
- Trastevere is a long stretch of road, don’t bother with the rest of it, just stop at Belli stop, right after the tram crosses the river Tiber. It’s a lovely area with lots of restaurants!
- Took super crowded bus after cafe wifi stop to Nazionale for Furla, bought 2 Furla bags heh heh.
- Ate dinner at this restaurant right outside Barberina Station.
- Ravioli was nice but jelak, his bolognese was nicer n we had gelato in 4 flavours at 7 euros omg
Day 12 Rome
- Ate asspensive sandwiches near Vatican City walls (so we could do a toilet break as well)
- St Paul’s Basilica
- Ate yummy, touristy folded pizzas from the food kiosks
- Vatican Museums
- Sistine Chapel!!!
- Went back to the apartment to zzz
- Went to Bologna to find noms and found lovely trattoria after a short walk
- Packed luggage!